Mar 18, 2008

Bring the rain....



As I'm typing this I can hear the rain tapping on the window. It's one of the most beautiful sounds God created, in my opinion. So many people find that it can be frustrating. Getting out in the rain and staying dry isn't easy to do. But the reality is that we need the rain. We need our lakes and oceans to be filled with water. We need the nitrates in rain to make our grass green and flowers grow. When the rain is over and the beautiful, warm sun breaks through the clouds, it's beautiful to see what happens to God's creation. Everything flourishes!

God has brought me to a place that after many heartaches in my life, I have learned to trust. It's easy to fall into the mindset of having questions without answers. But I have the only answer I need....Jesus Christ. Who am I to question His sovereignty? Right now my heart is hurting far greater than I had imagined it would after the emotional rain storm we experienced yesterday. But I know once the rain has passed in my heart God will leave something so beautiful. He will leave something only He could create.

It's in these moments in life that I feel a closeness to my heavenly Father that I may not have experienced otherwise. I am clinging to the cross for I know that through the power of Christ I will stand! After our loss I am not angry or bitter. Instead I am overwhelmed by His love. I am amazed by His goodness to me. It's exciting for me to see how God will use this for His glory!


Do you know Him? Have you given your life over to the one and only true God? We are all unworthy to come to Him. We are all unworthy to experience His love. But because He loves us so much God sent His only son to die for you and me. Because of this one act we can know the very one who created this earth. Give your life to Him! Allow Him to change you and to let His light shine through you.

What a blessing that our little one is in heaven. Our child will never experience pain. But instead will only know the love of God! I am willing to go through whatever God brings my way if it means that His glory will shine!
So, bring the rain!
"Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for He who promised is faithful."
Hebrews 10:23

6 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Monica. I love you so dearly and I am humbled by your response to the Lord as He has brought this rain upon you. He will bring great things through this- things far greater than we could ever begin to imagine. I am praying for you and Scott.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss. I admire you for your response. I lost my daughter and I was just angry and bitter for a long time. I still struggle with the loss, but have let go of the bitterness. I miss her everyday and always will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so sorry for your loss! You little man must be such a special gift to you!

    Love,
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have also experienced several losses...it is definitely a rough thing to go through, but we are lucky we have the Lord who promises he will NEVER leave us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i really needed to read this right now. i just entered my "before & after" {me&him} entry for the first time and was drawn to your 'about me' section.

    after having 4 losses and no successful pregnancies, i couldn't have said this better myself.

    some people have a tendency to blame God for trials such as this. i actually picture Him up there weeping for and with me. He loves us.

    thank you for your words.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! If you have any questions be sure to email me!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones